The Town of Black Earth is located approximately 20 miles west of Madison. The first Europeans to permanently settle here arrived in 1843. Five years later, the Wisconsin State Legislature created the Town of Farmersville, which was later renamed to Black Earth. Black Earth (population 449) is a rural farming community blessed with natural resources, including fertile soils and the popular Black Earth Creek.
Unless otherwise noted, Town Board and Planning Commission meetings meet in the basement of the State Bank of Cross Plains, 1030 Mills Street in Black Earth.
A meeting of the Town of Black Earth Board, on Tuesday, February 7, 2017, immediately following the 6:00 pm Public Hearing.
This meeting will be held at 1116 Mills Street (the Breunig CPA building), lower level.
Board agenda for February 7
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on the 7th day of February, 2017 at 6:00 pm at 1116 Mills St. Black Earth WI 53515, there will be a public hearing on the following proposed ordinances.
- An informational presentation on withdrawing from County Zoning by legal counsel Hazelbaker – postponed from the January 3 Public Hearing.
- An Ordinance amending and readopting the Comprehensive Plan. The Town’s Comprehensive Plan needs to be amended to address changes which will result the Town’s impending withdrawal form Dane County Zoning. The Town’s Comprehensive plan is available for inspection at the Town’s office by appointment.
- An ordinance to adopt the Official Town Map. An official map establishes the location of streets, highways and parks in the Town. It is a formal planning tool provided by State law.
Please take note this meeting will be held in the lower level of the Breunig CPA building, please enter via the back door.
If anyone requires further information or additional accommodations please contact the clerk at: 608 795-4986
Dayna Dreis, clerk
Updated posting February 1, 2017
The Plan Commission will meet at 6pm at 1116 Mills Street Black Earth WI (lower level).
Plan Commission Agenda for January 31
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
The following meetings of the Town of Black Earth will be held in the lower level of the Breunig CPA building located at 1116 Mill St. Black Earth:
- Jan 17th – 6:00pm Caucus, 6:30 Public Hearing on Zoning
- Jan 31th- 6:00 Plan Commission Meeting
- Feb 7th – 6:00 Public Hearing on Zoning, Town Board meeting to immediately follow
Please contact the Town Clerk at 794-4986 if you have any questions or would like any further information.
Please note: tonight’s meeting location (January 3, 2017) has been moved to the basement of the John Bird building. The back door will be open.
A town caucus for the purpose of nominating candidates to appear on the spring election ballot for the listed offices will be held on Tuesday, January 17, 2017, at 6:00pm, at 1030 Mills St. Black Earth WI 53515. The caucus will be held in the lower level of the bank.
Town Caucus Agenda and list of offices
A meeting of the Town of Black Earth Plan Commission will be held on, on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 6:00 pm.
The meeting will be held at 1030 Mills St. Black Earth WI. Meetings are held in the lower level of the bank.
Plan Commission Agenda for January 3
A meeting of the Town of Black Earth Board will be held on, on Tuesday,
January 3, 2017 at 6:30 pm. The meeting will be held at 1030 Mills St. Black Earth WI. Meetings are held in the lower level of the bank.
Board agenda for January 3