State statutes and the Town of Black Earth require all dogs to be vaccinated for rabies and licensed. Licenses are valid as of January 1st and expire on December 31st of each year, and are to be purchased on an annual basis.
Proof of rabies vaccine showing the veterinarian’s name and date of vaccine, as well as expiration date, is required by state law before a license can be issued. An additional $5 delinquent fee will be charged if the license is unpaid before April 1. When applying for a dog license, you will need to furnish the following, or a license will not be issued:
- A completed application form.
- Proof of rabies vaccination from the veterinarian.
- Payment in full, payable to the Town of Black Earth (separate from tax payment).
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope if returning the license by mail.
2024 Dog License Fees
- Neutered male or spayed female – $15.00
- Un-neutered male or un-spayed female – $20.00
- Multiple Licenses (Kennel) – $55.00
To complete an application: 2024 Dog License Form
Mail completed application to:
Town of Black Earth
5446 County Road F
Black Earth, WI 53515