Here are some resources and information that hopefully are helpful as we clean up and recover from the recent flooding.
- If you have had damage please use the 211 number to report it, this is the hub for resources and help for you. They can arrange volunteers, resources and assistance for you.
- If you are concerned about the safety of your well free Water Test kits are available at the Village Office or from the County there is no fee for the next week.
- It appears that the area will qualify for FEMA assistance as well as State Emergency funds,
PLEASE Document, Document, Document! If you have contractors in make sure you get paper work to submit.
- There will be assessment teams in the area, if you need them to come out please let me know.
- The Village of Black Earth’s website and facebook pages are providing links to services and agencies.
- The Banks in both Mazomanie and Black Earth are offering interest free loans for flood victims. Please visit their website.
Things are still very fluid and changing daily as resources become available and organized. Please let me know if you need help or have questions.
Dayna Dreis clerk
August 22, 2018
Please Take Note
Some important information as we clean up from the recent flooding.
For reporting and seeking assistance please use the 211 phone number to get your information to the county emergency response.
The Town is working with the County to resolve the road closures as soon as possible.
There will be more information coming out in the next few days in regards to clean up kits, water safety and other health issues that may arise. Please contact me and I will help match you up with the resources available. By phone: 608 795-4986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Dayna Dreis clerk
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
The following meetings of the Town of Black Earth will be held in the lower level of the Breunig CPA building located at 1116 Mill St. Black Earth:
- Jan 17th – 6:00pm Caucus, 6:30 Public Hearing on Zoning
- Jan 31th- 6:00 Plan Commission Meeting
- Feb 7th – 6:00 Public Hearing on Zoning, Town Board meeting to immediately follow
Please contact the Town Clerk at 794-4986 if you have any questions or would like any further information.
Please note: tonight’s meeting location (January 3, 2017) has been moved to the basement of the John Bird building. The back door will be open.
First installment of your property tax bill or full payment (optional) is due on or before 5 working days after January 31, 2014. For residents who want to pay their bills before the end of this year (2013), please note that all payments must be received (not postmarked) by December 31, 2013.
Checks are payable to the Town of Black Earth. Tax bill and dog license payments need to be kept separate (two checks). The following address will be used for mailing and in person collection:
Town of Black Earth
Brenda Kahl, Treasurer
5446 County Road F
Black Earth, WI 53515
There will be a mailbox provided near my front door if you wish to drop off your tax bill(s).
Residents who need a receipt should be sure to bring the entire bill, as the top portion will be marked “Paid” and returned as your receipt. If mailing your payment, mail the entire bill and include a self-addressed stamped envelope so the top receipt can be mailed back to you.
Taxes will be collected at my home on the following dates:
- Saturday, December 28, from 9 a.m. to noon
- Friday, January 31, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Dog license fees are $10 per neutered male or spayed female, $15 per un-neutered male or un-spayed female, and $50 per multiple (kennel) dog license. An additional $5 delinquent fee will be charge if the license is not paid prior to April 1st. Licenses are for the calendar year. When applying for a dog license you will need to furnish the following or a license will not be issued:
- A completed application
- Proof of rabies vaccination form from the vet
- Payment in full payable to the Town of Black Earth
- A self-addressed stamped envelope, if returning license by mail
If you have any questions about your assessment contact the Town’s assessor, Gardiner Appraisal Services, at 608-838-3993.
The Town of Black Earth shares a transfer site, which residents may take their recyclables and garbage to. A one year permit runs from January 1 – December 31. Those who wish to purchase a permit for the first time should call the Town of Mazomanie at 795-2920.
Visit the Town’s website at www.town.blackearth.wi.us
- Ken Olson, Chairman, 767-2333
- Don Ripp, Supervisor, 767-3668
- Tom Schlick, Supervisor, 795-2722
- Joann Bennett, Clerk, 767-3765
- Brenda Kahl, Treasurer, 767-2822
Items on the ballot will be State Superintendent, Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, Circuit Court, County Executive, Town Board, Wisconsin Heights and River Valley School Districts. Two referendums will also be on the ballot.
Official Election Notice for 4/2 (PDF)
Notice is hereby given for a Spring Primary Election to be held on Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Official Feb. 19 Election Notice (PDF)
Items on the ballot are
- Supreme Court Justice
The polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
The election will take place at 1210 Mills Street, Black Earth.
Anyone needing an application for an absentee ballot should contact me at 767-2447.
Barb Parrell, Clerk
Posted January 18, 2013
Published February 6, 2013
Town of Black Earth Board Meeting
The Town of Black Earth’s regular board meeting will be held on Tuesday, February, 5 2013
This meeting will be held at 1116 Mills Street.
Barb Parrell, Clerk
Posted January 28, 2013
- Call to order.
- Proof of Posting.
- Roll Call.
- Approval of Agenda.
- Approval of the January minutes.
- Public Comments
- Discussion/Approval of Finance Report. We have $5311.88 in the checking account. The money market has $223,139.77 as of January 31, 2013.
- Discussion/Approval of electronic payments and checks 9455-9480.
- Discussion and possible action for cold storage facility addition on existing building. We tabled in January.
- Discussion and possible action on a resolution for vacating a small portion of John Wilkinson Road, (William Hanson area) to be in compliance with the County. We tabled in January.
- Discussion and action on having the State Bank of Cross Plains and the Peoples Community Bank as official banks. We tabled in January.
- Discussion and possible action about the bridge repair report.
- Discussion and possible action on appointing to a committee for the Good Neighbor Committee.
- Planning Commission Report.
- Fire Department Report.
- District 1 EMS Report.
- Patrolman Report.
Complete caucus minutes
Caucus was called to order by Ken Olson.
Present were Ken Olson, Don Ripp, Tom Schlick, Brenda Kahl, Barb Parrell, Don Austin, Gerald Kerl, Peter Weil, Tom and Joann Bennett, Kenyon Kahl, Brian Nelson, Bruce Johnson, John Halverson, Bill Pulvermacher.
Town Chairman – Ken Olson was nominated by Don Austin, seconded Tom Schlick, approved on a unanimous ballot. Ken Olson abstained
Town Supervisor 1 – Tom Schlick was nominated by Don Ripp, seconded by Peter Weil and approved on a unanimous ballot. Tom Schlick abstained.
Town Supervisor 2 – Don Ripp was nominated by Don Austin seconded by Tom Schlick and approved on a unanimous ballot. Don Ripp abstained.
Town Treasurer – Brenda Kahl was nominated by Barb Parrell, seconded by Kenyon Kahl and approved on a unanimous ballot. Brenda abstained
Town Clerk – Barb Parrell is retiring. Joann Bennett was nominated by Barb Parrell, seconded by Tom Schlick approved on a unanimous ballot. Joann abstained.
The Caucus was closed on a motion by Tom and seconded by Don Ripp.
Notice is hereby given for a Planning Commission meeting on Tuesday, January 8 , 2013 at 6:30 p.m. This meeting will be held at 1116 Mills Street, Black Earth.
Agenda: Discussion and possible action on vacating a small section of John Wilkinson Road in front of William Hanson’s property, (formally Jerry Reeve). We need to vacate and rededicate a small portion because the curve was changed slightly when the road was upgraded.
Official Notice (PDF)