Date: January 6, 2015
Time: 6:30 p.m. To immediately follow 6:15 Caucus
Location: 1030 Mills St. Black Earth WI 53515 **Please note new location
1.Meeting was called to order at 6:43pm by Chair Vern Wendt, following the Spring Election Caucus.
Members in attendance: Vern Wendt, Don Ripp, Tom Schlick, Brenda Kahl, Dayna Dreis
- Proof of Posting was provided
- Motion Schlick/Ripp to accept the agenda. Carried 3-0
- Motion Schlick/Ripp to accept the minutes of December 2, 2014 meeting. Carried 3-0
- a. Treasurer Kahl reports balances of: Money Market: 714,377.12
Motion Schlick/Wendt to accept the checks numbering 10038 -10068. Carried 3-0
There were no Public comments.
Vern Wendt thanked Dan Peterson for chairing the Caucus.
- Motion Schlick/Ripp to table action on Mickleson Rev. Trust rezone until the planning
Commission has had a chance to do a site visit for driveway. Carried 3-0
- Don Ripp gave a report from the Dane County Towns Assoc. meeting in December.
Items and Information brought back:
- Since its creation in 1928 there have been virtually no updates to the Zoning Rules.
- Throughout the State there are locations where Townships do their own zoning.
- Most of Dane County has no voice on the zoning commission.
- Dane County Zoning Commission has a 1 million dollar budget
- New wording features should be completed in 2016. There will be “Opt out”
Options in 2017, 2020, 2023 (three year intervals)
- Motion Ripp/Schlick to accept the proposed Husbandry Ordinance and name an agent
that will issue permits in the near future. Carried 3-0
- Motion Wendt/Schlick to explore a shared sand/salt facility Carried 3-0
Discussion on a shared salt/sand facility with the Village of Black Earth was held.
- Vern Wendt brought to the board the possibility of sharing our salt/sand shed
with the Village, they are currently having to purchase and pick up salt/sand
and do not have a viable location within the Village.
- The option of the Village weighing each truckload as a way of keeping accurate
accounting of usage was presented.
- Patrolman Schroeder provided the following information:
The Village used about 36 tons/yr.
The Town’s shed holds 200 tons but could hold up to 300 tons
We pay for salt/sand upon receipt.
- Any action wouldn’t take effect until next year as this year’s arrangements are in place.
- Motion Schlick/Ripp to change Rezone application to include driveway. Carried 3-0
- Planning Commission report: Commission met on December 15th to discuss Mickelson
Rev. Trust rezone. Also the new Resource Protection Corridor maps where available for
Review. Chairman Weil asked board to consider action to fill vacant seat on the board.
The seat has been vacant since August.
- The Fire department meeting is January 15th
- The EMS will meet is January 8th
- Patrolman Al Schroeder reports all equipment is working well. He is working with the Town of Berry patrolman cutting trees.
- Future items:
-Appoint agent to approve and issue Seasonal Permits that come from the new Husbandry
-Create an agreement with the Village of Black Earth for a shared salt/sand facility.
-Putting up Seasonal Limit road signs
-Discuss how we can help the Planning commission to move application through the
process more efficiently.
- Motion Ripp/Schlick to adjourn. Carried 3-0
Meeting adjourned at 7:12